From bioinformatics to microbiology
AMPLY Discovery offers co-development support to both assess any novel sequenced biological data to unlock its potential and the downstream lab characterisation work required to validate the in silico predictions. AMPLY Discovery also has a large library of compounds in the antimicrobial space optimised to kill a wide variety of diseases, with a specific focus on underserved, untreatable or rare animal and human afflicting pathogens and conditions.
Biomining and Bioinformatics
- Novel environment sequencing and characterisation (including genomic, metagenomic, meta-transcriptomic analysis)
- Traditional bioinformatic data visualisation and data characterisation/comparison
- Bioinformatic pipeline and toolset development and optimisation
- Novel proteinaceous biologic biomining in one of 24 functional classes (including antimicrobials, anti-cancer, anti-inflammatory, enzymes, anti-parasitics, anti-fungals etc.)
- Tissue-specific localised biomining and tissue specific comparison/quantification of novel biologic presence (e.g. plants, animals and insects)
- Proteinaceous biologic optimisation based on evolutionary, AI and machine learning derived principles
Microbiology and biochemistry
- Characterisation of novel biologic biochemical properties, including mass spec and determination of handling criteria
- Quantification of novel antimicrobial killing potential, including MICs across multiple bacterial, fungal and viral species with human clinical and animal strains, including MDR pathogens. Performed in a variety of media, including human serum, cation adjusted media and specific proprietary assays
- Wider characterisation of novel biologics with pre-mouse model in vivo work (including waxworm models), biofilm assays, anaerobic testing, stability and longevity assays, synergistic and adjuvant benchmarking and wider PK and PD properties.
- Toxicity assessment, including blood assays and various clinical tissue type assays.
- Mode of action studies including mechanistic assays, detailed TEM visualisation and transcriptomics.
Access to the AMPLY Biolibrary
- AMPLY already has a significant library of existing compounds identified across nearly 50 types of life, from plants to bacteria (including Hemp, Cannabis, Peruvian Frogs, Anthrax, Cow Rumen, Human Lung Tissue and bee venom).
- As an example: AMPLY’s antimicrobial library features in excess of 4000 validated compounds, all unique, which kill a variety of MDR pathogens across Gram positive and Gram negative strains of bacteria including MRSA, MDR TB and Pseudomonas aeruginosa.
- AMPLY’s antimicrobial library has MICs of as low as 0.5ug per ml in cation adjusted media against key ESKAPE pathogens such as MRSA and E. coli. Compounds range from ultra-short peptides to small proteins.
- The antimicrobial and additional compound libraries can be designed and delivered in a variety of formats, from relatively cheap crude non-pure compounds in small amounts to larger amounts to suit any budget or used as the basis for screening a particular target against.